Mitchell Bookkeeping Services strives to provide professional, accurate, flexible, and affordable bookkeeping services to our clients.
Many business owners see hiring a bookkeeper as an added expense, when in reality an experienced bookkeeper will save you money. Not only by keeping you in compliance with the CRA, avoiding late penalties, but by maintaining accurate financial records.
Based on market rates, you’re likely to see the total monthly cost for services fall within the following ranges:
• Startup Business - $150 to $300
• Small Business - $300 to $600
• Medium Business - $600 - $1,000
• Large Business - $1,000 – 2,000
• Mature Business - $2,000 +
The traditional method of billing for bookkeeping services is the hourly method. Mitchell Bookkeeping Services has found this bookkeeping method to have a couple of flaws with it; it can cause surprise bills when more work was required than expected, which can create animosity between bookkeepers and their clients. It can also cause clients to feel as if they can’t contact their bookkeeper to ask questions, in fear of adding billable hours.
We want our clients to know we are here for them and any questions they have without having to worry about being billed.
We operate as an extension of your internal staff. We perform a variety of bookkeeping and payroll services, and offer you the maximum flexibility by allowing you to rely on us for any of the services we offer as needed. We want our clients to see us as more than a number cruncher with an hourly cost.
We are committed to helping you succeed by performing the critical bookkeeping functions that keep you financially solvent and compliant with government regulations. That being said, let’s look at how we price our services:
Startup businesses often require assistance staying in compliance with Provincial, Municipal and Federal laws, as well as guidance through the do’s and don’ts of bookkeeping for businesses.
We can help you set up your cloud accounting system and teach you how to use it. We’re here to help with questions and guidance, as needed, throughout the year. We will work with you on a regular basis to ensure that your business activities, records and processes are fully in compliance with all applicable regulations.
The cost for this package is:
• Systems set up and training – $500
• Monthly bookkeeping – Billed hourly
• Guidance and questions as needed – Included
Bookkeeping involves maintaining accurate and updated records of all of your company’s financial activity. These records are essential to regulatory compliance. Proper bookkeeping makes other accounting functions, such as audits and tax preparation much simpler and less time consuming.
• Monthly reconciliation of bank and credit card statements
• Monthly reconciliation accounts receivable and accounts payable
• Paperless Payables – Supplier invoices and receipts imported via online software (if requested)
• Debtor reminders
• Maintain data feeds into your accounting software files
• Troubleshooting & support
• Online Accounting Software license included
Please see the table below to view our package rate
Payroll is a critical business operations function which involves managing all employee compensation, benefits and withholdings. We manage your payroll on an ongoing basis, ensuring that all employees are compensated according to their agreements and benefits sections.
We’ll handle all of the payroll tasks of your company, making your job easier and less stressful by providing the following services:
• Payroll system setup
• Calculate and process payroll using a payroll software
•Calculate and track accrued vacation and sick time or other benefits • Electronic paystubs sent to employees via online methods
• Preparation and electronic filing of T4 summary and slips (must be client through year end for T4 preparation)
• Payroll tax remittances
• Preparation of Records of Employment (ROEs) for departing employees
• Electronic filing and electronic payment of payroll taxes and returns when available
• Payroll Register Reports with each payroll run with monthly & year to date payroll
• Responses to related notices from taxing authorities in relation to payroll
• WSIB, EHT preparation & filing
The cost for this package varies depending on the number of employees:
• Up to 10 employees - $150/month
• 10 – 20 employees - $200/month
• 20 employees and up - $200/month + $10/employee (over 20)
Behind on your bookkeeping? Not a problem. No matter how far behind your are, or how much of a mess your books are, we’ve got you covered. We can bring you up to date and set you up with a package to ensure you don’t fall behind again.
The cost for this package is:
• Catch-up/clean-up – $1,500/year
Don’t see a package that meets your needs? No worries. At Mitchell Bookkeeping Services, we know that every business requires different services, and are happy to have a chat to find out which services best suit your needs. Send us a message, give us a call, or book a free consultation so we can discuss your options.